WOW a year has flown by so quickly. Dennis and I will have our one year anniversary tomorrow. No big plans or anything but we will go to the Army Post here and go bowling with Dennis' Company. It is actually pretty fun getting to see everyone, seeing all the little kids that have been born since husbands and boyfriends have returned from Iraq last November. Then a week from today (12/16) we will be heading to NEW YORK! I am so anxious/scared/excited!!! I get to meet Dennis' mom, dad, and some of his friends! Also Dennis says he will take me to the city. I am not sure if I will get culture shock or not, but mentally I am trying to prepare myself. My Christmas and New Years will be spent with Dennis' family and not with my own. Which will be a real test! I am pretty sure most of my family can remember the one thanksgiving I tried to have away from my mom, dad and Sister. It ended with me crying in the bathroom talking to my mom. Quite frankly it sucked. But I am hoping that this year sense I will be with someone that I hold near and dear to my heart I can suck it up and just enjoy it. Like I said it will be a test.
I am so excited to meet Dennis' family! I have been emailing Dennis' mom for months now and she seems like a wonderful very level headed person. The excitement to have a face with all the emails is pretty overwhelming. As far as Dennis' dad goes we have a blank slate. I have never spoke or emailed him. So I can only hope that my first impression on them is a good one. Which I am sure it will be.
As far as work has been going... oh my goodness! So busy. I had no idea how much time and energy went into making the Milepost! It literally takes a year! and right now we are on deadline so everything is rush rush rush! So my 2 week vacation is not exactly putting a smile on my co-workers faces. OH well...
Dennis has been busy working a lot. Well no more than usual but he is trying to get ready for his deployment which is coming up end of February beginning of March (tentatively). He just took a non-lethal weapons class where he learned how to properly use pepper spray, taser guns, and was supposed to use rubber bullets. Dennis being the adrenaline junkie he is volunteered to be tasered! What a crazy man! Well he got what he signed up for. There is a video of him being shot from behind with a taser gun. The taser gun shoots out 2 metal cords with fish hookie things on them. Once it hits you it shocks you for 5 seconds. This 5 seconds is enough to put a man on the ground. And obviously when Dennis was shot, that is where he ended up. I was impressed with his ability not to scream as long as some of the other men. But still I can't believe he volunteered. Crazy Boy!
So Dennis an I will celebrate Christmas with my parents on Saturday, sharing presents and eating a good dinner. And then I think we will exchange gifts between the two of us on Sunday before we leave.
Well i hope this finds everyone well. Miss you and Love you all
Happy Holidays
Shay & Dennis
Wednesday, December 17, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment