Thursday, April 17, 2008

Healthy or is it unhealthy

Well here is just a little update for the family on what is happening with me. I have been pretty sick for the past couple weeks. Not being able to eat without throwing up everything that I ate. I explained to my mom how aweful I felt, and she felt that it would be smartest to go to the Dr. So, after visiting my normal Dr. I went to a stomach specialist. After speaking with Dr. Sweeny, (literally just speaking, he never touched my stomach to see if he felt anything abnormal) he told me that I would need an upper endoscopy. Of course that meant that he would have to shove a camera down my throat and into my stomache to look around and maybe take a couple chunks out to test and see if there is anything wrong. Well after waiting a week, it was time to go to the hospital. Mom, Dad, Sierra and Dennis all came to the hospital with me. My name was called, I grabbed my moms hand and we headed through the two large metal doors. I was asked to change into the open backed robe and the silly little tissue paper slippers, and a hair net. I was asked about a million questions and then it was time for my IV. I am not good with needles so I WAS NOT looking forward to this. I sat there looking at my mom saying over and over in my head please make it quick... please! Well 4 pokes later the RN got it in the right spot and began to tape the IV to my arm... of course pulling every little hair out of my arm that she could. Then it was time to move to the ENDOSCOPY ROOM!
I was then pulled away from my mother and rolled into a smaller room where Dr. Sweeny and I reunited. They began to explain to me that I would be conscious the entire time and that they would inform me of what they saw once the endoscopy was over.
"Give her 4 cc's of the Good Stuff"
"1 cc in" "4 cc in" "Its all in Dr."
HEHE i giggled and then asked "am I supposed to feel this already?"
and I was passed out before any sort of response could be uttered.
Well when I woke up there was a larger black woman talking to me and asking me if I wanted graham crackers or water or anything. Which was very nice after not eating since midnight and it now being 2 o'clock.
Well I was high as a kite for a while and then finally it wore off... OUCHIES! it was so painful! My stomach felt as though it had paper cuts all over in it and someone was pouring Lemon Juice in each cut.
My mom and dad started to worry even more, so they called the Dr. He told them that he didn't see anything abnormal so we would have to wait until the beggining of next week to know what the 12 biopsies show. So here I am unable to eat much and waiting for someone to tell me what is wrong with me!
Wish me luck

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I hope that your feeling better soon. Lemon juice in cuts in your tummy does not sounds like very much fun. Call me tommorow and I will go over how to out your friends on your blog. I hope you feel better VERY soon.