Sunday, November 2, 2008

Missing my man

Sometimes it is hard to realize who you are when you are without someone that you feel is your better half. It hurts at first and then you get that phone call that starts the process all over again. For that 5 minute phone call you feel whole again. You feel like the two pieces of you are joined at the hip never to separate again and then there is the goodbyes and you are ripped apart once more.
Some say that being with a military guy is a no no, they are always gone and they are bad guys. Well I found a good guy! So I no longer believe the"military guy" badgerings that come along with the uniform. Yeah there are some slime dogs tha are just out there to break the unsuspecting heart. But, there are guys out there doing that on a daily basis and they aren't in any sort of uniform.
Anyways I have found that dating a man in uniform isn't half as bad as most were led to believe. I mean just think, yeah they are messy, but the military has trained them to know how to clean. So when they say they don't know how, you already know they are lying, you hand them a toilet brush and tell them to get cleaning or no video games! They unwillingly clean. The military teaches them to Yell and be mean to the soldiers, they do it all day. Which is nice becuse by the time they get home, their voices are gone so there is no way that they will be yelling. Also they are used to eating in the chow hole, which from what I have heard is disgusting. So even a meal created by someone that has never turned on a burner or oven, LOOKS REALLY GOOD!
The leaving part is always the hardest. There is the approximated date of leaving. The day he comes home and says well it looks like I'll be going to California for a month on Oct 30th. Don't make plans around that date. Don't think about it! Because most likely that is the WRONG DATE! Your man will not be leaving until November 1st! You want to spend that last couple hours down to the minute with him. So plannng ahead is a really bad idea! Then when you find the real date and time, he will be leaving when any other normal, non-military person, would be sleeping! Ex. 2:30 in the morning. Who makes their employee, that is supposed to be protecting a nation, wake up in the middle of the night. I know that I personally cannot function at that hour. But thank goodness our men have the military training to get up at a seconds notice and be ready to go. He gets up at the first sound of his alarm, starts the car, shaves, showers, brushes and is ready to go. A shake of his lady's foot and I was up and ready to hug him and kiss him on his way out the door.
I think the hardest part was watching him walk down the hall, away from me, not looking back. Walking away in civilian clothes, carrying a bag over his shoulder that was so heavy I could barely pick it up with two hands. Just watching him from the doorway, walking off into the night. Knowing that it would be about 30 days till I next see him. Now that is the hard part. A couple Nyquils, a couple tears, and a cookie and I was off to sleep without any other thoughts in my mind.
A couple hours later and I got a phone call. Once again bringing us together.

No comments: