Tuesday, September 30, 2008

My Dennis

I have never known anyone like Dennis. From the small little things that he does that just makes me giggle to the horendous messes he makes around the appartment. I do have to admit, not all of he messes are his fault. Occasionally they are a compilation of both of our belongings that we are just too lazy to pick up. But in the end I end up cleaning up. Dennis has been gone for the past two weeks and just returned home late last night. While he wa gone he wrote me a letter. Which I must quote! "I could really go for some bacon on cheese balls right now!" There has been many occasions where Dennis has related food to where he has been. When he was in Iraq him and Jay, had spoke about how they wanted a bloomin onion from outback. And now Dennis speaks of wanting bacon. It cracks me up. But at the same time it makes me realize that none of these guys take the little things in life for granted. A warm bed, a hot meal, a person to cuddle with. Even things as simple as bacon, and popcorn never go unappreciated. Dennis just made a big bag of popcorn and I watched him shove his cheeks full of it and enjoy every kernal. Well even though a good portion of the butter is now on our comforter. He enjoyed every bit of that popcorn. It is so hard to see all of these young men going out and staying in the woods in the cold away from their families and all the little perks in life that we take for granted. Dennis has taught me many things, how to do the laundry with cold water so all of your whites don't turn pink like most of mine already are, how to stuff a cornish game hen.. and most of all how precious everything in life really is. From the time spent with family and friends to the meals that we eat so quick we barely taste them!
thanks to my Dennis I have learned much more than I ever thought I would.
And that is my story!

No comments: