Dennis enlisted in the Army at 18 and has been in an infantry position ever since the beginning. From the 18 year old E-1 (lowest rank you can be). He has worked very hard and diligintly, and has now bypassed all of his cohorts that matched him in rank for a long time. As of August 1st, 2009 Dennis will be and E-6. No longer to be called Sergeant Quirk, he will now be referred to as Staff Sergeant Quirk. A huge step in a military career. Most of the people that went to basic training with Dennis are still trying to get their E-5 rank. I am so proud of Dennis, even with me here bugging him constantly to try and change his job, or get out of the army, or figure out any way to not deploy, he has persevered and has continued working his way to the top.
I am sure Rose and "Big" Dennis (Dennis' dad) are so proud of their son. I know that I couldn't be more proud to call him my boyfriend. I hope that everyone that has met Dennis is also.
If you want to send him a congratulations email please let me know! I will be happy to give you his email address. Although I wouldn't be to hopeful at getting an email back. He is very very busy and is now taking on more work and responsibility than ever before. Also the computers are still down from the 4th of July when their FOB was attached. But he does get to check his email every once in a while.
Love you all!
Shay
No comments:
Post a Comment