Dennis has now been gone for four and a half months. It may come as a shock to some but...We are both still alive and still madly in love. :) Dennis has been going through some tough times right now. They recently lost two soldiers (July 4th, 2009) and had many injured. Dennis hurt his ankle, some of his friends got concussions. I was at te forrest fair when i got the news that 2 had died. I pretty much just broke into tears, I didn't know what to think. All I could tell myself was that I would know in my heart or in my tummy if anything had happened to Dennis. Later on that day i found out officially that it was NOT Dennis. Thanks to Rose, Jeff, Carrie and my family I was able to take a deep breath and just relax, although the knot in my stomach has yet to release.
Well Now is has been a little over a week and Dennis has been able to call a couple times just to tell me he is ok and misses me. Usually I am able to hold it together when we talk on the phone. The excitement of his phone call makes me nearly wet myself like an excited puppy. But as soon as we say goodbye it is almost like we never talked. I get sad again. But I have to make it through this no matter what!
Anyways, so Dennis' ankle is still hurting so I went and bought some ice packs and ankle braces. And the usual oreos to send to him. I just hope that he gets some mail sometimes soon. they haven't delivered any mail to him in a couple weeks. So... if anyone needs to be reminded of what is good to send here is a list
Double Stuffed Oreos
Spicier Nacho Doritos
Baby Wipes
Beef Jerkey (all kinds! his meat intake is at an all time low)
Chocolate
Movies (anything that you want to send. if you see a sale anywhere and the movies are super cheap goahead and grab em! if dennis doesn't like it, I am sure another soldier will)
Other than that Dennis is working really hard, not getting much sleep and hiking up tall mountains. So keep him in your prayers and I love you all so much!
Thank you for all of your kind words and support!
Shay
Tuesday, July 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment