Wow what an absolutely WONDERFUL weekend. My sister's birthday was this weekend and she had put in a request for Dennis and I to head down to Kenai. So after we both got of work we started the 3 hour trek down to our property. After the excruciating drive to Kenai we jumped out of the car and I showed Dennis the property and all that we had done to "personalize it" from the kitchen coverings to the outhouse. I am pretty sure I showed him every single improvement that we had done since we bought the raw land. He didn't seem too amused by it at first, but later on in the night I could tell that he appreciated all of the hard work.
While Dennis and my dad worked on building the fire I worked on getting the 3 wheeler started up and ready to take Dennis on a ride. Well I got good ol' Big Red started on the 3rd kick and I told Dennis to jump on.. He would NOT HAVE IT! He had to do the manly-ish thing and be the driver. I really didn't want to cooperate... but he is such a trooper with me that I decided to show him how to drive and to take my chances on the back. I was amazed to find that he caught on to the whole thing rather quick (don't tell him I said that, he might get big headed! haha). Well after a short ride we watched the sun set and headed to bed!
Saturday was Sierra's Birthday, we all got up to the sad fact that it was raining. Well with the exception of Dennis which was too tired from the day before to get out of bed by 10! So he slept and we set up the tarp to cover up the fire area so we could all stay warm. Sierra decided Fishing would be the test of the day and so we made our way to the launch point of the river. Below you will find a picture of Dennis fishing with a Blue sky superimposed to make it look like a nicer day than it really was! HEHE

Mom and I ran the boat while Dennis, Sierra and Dad fished. When we took our short break we saw a family of ducks. All of the Babies were so cute!!! We also saw TONS of Bald Eagles! The bald eagle babies must have just hatched because the mom and dad birds kept going back to their nests with food. It was quite a sight to watch. Well that and 3 people trying to keep their lines from getting wrapped up. Dad caught Sierra, Sierra Caught Dennis and well Dennis caught a tree (snag). It was Very eventful! Then we headed back to the property for some 3 wheeling and Food.
Everything turned out really well. Dennis and I made a couple of stops on the way home and took some pictures. So here are some of the pictures from this weekend. I hope you enjoy them! Dennis is playing his NEW video game and cursing at the TV so I better go find something for him to eat before he gets too grumpy!
My mom and dad riding the 3 wheeler real fast in circles!!!
My Little Paul Bunyon (Dennis's spelling)
Dennis and I on the stairs







No comments:
Post a Comment