Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I now pronounce me... WIFE!

I awoke to a panicked feeling deep within my chest. Will my life change completely when I put on this white dress? Will I be losing everything that I have ever had, or ever wanted to have? Will life stand still in the moment that our eyes meet? For most of the questions that I had that morning, the answer was no. Still the anticipation of the ceremony was filling every centimeter of my body.

Hair, Makeup, Decorations, Dress, Rings, Shoes, New, Old, Borrowed, Blue, Penny and KLEENEX that was my list. Making sure that I had everything I drove around absent mindedly trying not to think about the "sad" parts of getting married. The idea of my father "giving me away" tugged at my heart strings more now than ever. "Stop... Don't think about that... Think about Hawaii, Snorkeling, Dancing, Playing softball, fuzzy animals, and Dennis. Think about Dennis! What a revelation, think about the whole reason why your doing this... Think about the man that will be standing there all dressed up waiting for you." I would say the thoughts of my future husband, were the only thing that got me through it, but that would be a lie. My sister being there helping me get ready and my best friend Jessica sportively shoving cotton balls in my eyes while singing the do not cry song (which also had a awkward dance that will not ever be mentioned again).

The moment came where I needed to walk down the stairs. I must mention these weren't easily navigated down in my longer dress, 6 inch heels, flowers in one hand and Kleenex in the other. It took balance and concentration, which at that point were two things that I was lacking! I was pleased to see that everyone else was in their positions. My dad had created a perfect escorting triangle with his arm and torso. Saw there were 7 bodies up at the front of the room. Everything else now seems blurry. I know if I hadn't made eye contact with Dennis and Dennis alone I would have been gushing tears like Ol' Faithful.

Dennis and I joined hands, of course we did it earlier than we were supposed to, which Uncle Bill happily pointed out. And the rest, well I don't even remember much of it. I cried, he didn't, I cried some more, he squeeze my hands and then it was over. Friends and Family began to mingle and we took pictures. (Photos can be found at: http://bmontalbo.zenfolio.com/p295567197) The night now is all a blur, "I DO", pictures, Cake, dance, toast, mingle, bubbles, car... it all went so fast!

Dennis swept me off my feet from the beginning and now I have him for the rest of my life! I couldn't be happier!

No comments: