But for now... just an update.
Dennis and I have settled into our house quite nicely and have been able to go out on a couple of nice bike rides this "winter". Although winters here are pretty much nonexistent it did snow twice! The first snow I was up at 7:30 making a snowman and the second was on Christmas night. The snow stuck for a couple of days causing me to fall down the stairs and smash my knee. Other than that I loved it!
Dennis is working out at the grenade range where he never knows when he will work or when they will call him to come in just to sit around and "talk shop". It gets kinda frustrating for him not having the routine that he is used to. It is funny to me that he still complains when called in for a couple hours, because when we were in Alaska he was required to be there 5-5 almost everyday! Now he gets up around 5 and is usually home by 2! Lucky man!
After much talking and weighing our options it looks like Dennis will be reenlisting for 3 years. For those that don't know what that means it means that Dennis will add 2 years onto his contract with the army. Currently he can get out March 23, 2012. In March Dennis will sign a contract to stay in the army for 3 more years so his new Contract will be up March 23, 2014. Hopefully this will give us time to save up, get educated, and make the best decision in 3 years. Right now with the economy like it is, it is really hard to find a good job that pays well (especially since we don't have college degrees).
When Dennis signs the papers we will find out where we will be going next. We are hoping for Fort Lewis (Seattle), Fort Carson (Colorado Springs), or The fort on Oahu (Hawaii). I am excited to move out of South Carolina as soon as possible. I am not enjoying myself here and being on the West Coast is much more familiar to me!
Well that is all for now. I will do my best to keep up on my Blog better!
Much love
Shay
No comments:
Post a Comment