I know it has been a long time since I last blogged so I am going to go ahead and post the blogs that I wrote from our trip to South Carolina. Enjoy!
Finally we get to sleep in! Since we were going to spend another full day in Denver we were able to sleep in as late as we wanted! Horray! We were able to get some much needed rest. Jana and Jon were to pick us up at 10 and take us up to Central City where we could gamble and take pictures. Central City was like walking into the “good ol’ days”. When cowboys were the only real men and drinks were actually slid down the bar. The cobblestone sidewalks showed years of age and the buildings were all original with each board showing its age. The doors were new but the stairs still creaked loudly. It was an amazing little visit. I have never been shy of the slot machines and the first place we entered had a great selection of “Hot Hot Penny” games that I love! I sat down at the first machine and put a 5 in. It was a winner! I got 6 dollars back! And the machines actually spit out Coins. Giant dollar coins! How fun is that? It is so disappointing in Vegas and Atlantic City, the change doesn’t fall out and make that metallic clinging noise that any winner loves. It plays an automated Cling Cling Cling that barely resembles anything. But not in central city! CLING CLING CLING!! YOU WIN! I wanted to jump up and down with excitement.
Dennis on the other hand was already on his second slice of pizza and Jon Halfway through his first beer. Jana is much more frugal than I and had already put a 5 in and lost it. So she was done for the day. I wasn’t having it! I gave her a 5 and told her to keep playing! The second she put the money she was a winner. I think she won about $20! She gave me back my 5 and still called it quits! Now that she was up 10 she didn’t want to play anymore. I guess that happens.
Dennis was off playing black jack and trying to get a bigger game of Texas Holdem going. He didn’t get a good game of Holdem’ going but he did manage to loose some money, gain some, then loose some more. It was worth it though. It was hours of entertainment.
After gambling Jana and I walked around Central City taking pictures of the beautifully yellow aspen trees and talking about old times. It was such a great visit. After about an hour we grew bored and collected our men from their tables. After the drive home we headed to Olive Garden and then to bed. We had an early morning and still needed to reconnect the trailer.
Finally we get to sleep in! Since we were going to spend another full day in Denver we were able to sleep in as late as we wanted! Horray! We were able to get some much needed rest. Jana and Jon were to pick us up at 10 and take us up to Central City where we could gamble and take pictures. Central City was like walking into the “good ol’ days”. When cowboys were the only real men and drinks were actually slid down the bar. The cobblestone sidewalks showed years of age and the buildings were all original with each board showing its age. The doors were new but the stairs still creaked loudly. It was an amazing little visit. I have never been shy of the slot machines and the first place we entered had a great selection of “Hot Hot Penny” games that I love! I sat down at the first machine and put a 5 in. It was a winner! I got 6 dollars back! And the machines actually spit out Coins. Giant dollar coins! How fun is that? It is so disappointing in Vegas and Atlantic City, the change doesn’t fall out and make that metallic clinging noise that any winner loves. It plays an automated Cling Cling Cling that barely resembles anything. But not in central city! CLING CLING CLING!! YOU WIN! I wanted to jump up and down with excitement.
Dennis on the other hand was already on his second slice of pizza and Jon Halfway through his first beer. Jana is much more frugal than I and had already put a 5 in and lost it. So she was done for the day. I wasn’t having it! I gave her a 5 and told her to keep playing! The second she put the money she was a winner. I think she won about $20! She gave me back my 5 and still called it quits! Now that she was up 10 she didn’t want to play anymore. I guess that happens.Dennis was off playing black jack and trying to get a bigger game of Texas Holdem going. He didn’t get a good game of Holdem’ going but he did manage to loose some money, gain some, then loose some more. It was worth it though. It was hours of entertainment.
After gambling Jana and I walked around Central City taking pictures of the beautifully yellow aspen trees and talking about old times. It was such a great visit. After about an hour we grew bored and collected our men from their tables. After the drive home we headed to Olive Garden and then to bed. We had an early morning and still needed to reconnect the trailer.
No comments:
Post a Comment