Tuesday, June 2, 2009

May 2009

Life as a Motsinger in MAY 2009
Well there was a lot of Motsinger Milestones that happened in the Month of May! For starters my dad was recognized as a hero. My dad, being the Foreman of the DOT-Silvertip Station, was recognized for all of his hard work as well as heroic acts. It was so surreal seeing my dad walk up to the front of the room as a superior spoke of him and how amazing he is. I mean, I already knew he was the best, but hearing someone else say it was just amazing. Below is a photo of my dad and all of his workers with Sarah Palin.


Then we had the annual Snowmachine races. Every year my family goes and watches the races, well this year i took some photos! The races were amazing, but the big air competition was even more amazing! Look at some of the pictures!




A while back, I think in about February or March, Sierra decided that she wanted to do a triathalon. She signed up and began working on her swimming, running, and biking. I was amazed to see her progression from completely unathletic as a child to a rising super star (in my eyes) athlete! She got up at 5 in the morning, just to go swim a mile. Then after work and school, she would ride her bike and run! I was amazed with the change in her energy! She was going 200% of the time. Well, the big triathlon was this may! Sierra got really nervous. Mom, Dad, myself, and Uncle Bill were all there ready to watch. Well after 3 hours of waiting for her to start her number was almost up. I pulled out my camera and started to take pictures of her and the grueling triathlon.
Sierra finished 407th out of 1,400! Swam 300 yards in 5 minutes and 14 seconds.
Biked 9 miles in 39 minutes and 26 seconds
Ran 3 miles in 30 minutes and 14 seconds!
I am so proud of her. It is something that I never would have tried to accomplish.






No comments: